This program is directly relevant to the needs of the modern office environment and helps students develop skills and abilities for successful careers in responsible secretarial positions. The course is intended to equip the trainees with relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them perform secretarial duties in organizations.
A graduate of this course will be able to work in a salaried employment or self-employment. To achieve this objective, units such as Entrepreneurship, communication skills, life skills and information communication technology have been included in addition to the core units.
The aims and objectives of the program are:
- To equip students with advanced level typing skills.
- To provide students with the knowledge, understanding and application of the concepts, competence and responsibilities associated with office organization, procedures and administration.
- To equip students with practical experience in using many computer applications.
- To provide students with good business awareness, decision-making and time management skills so as to enable them to hold responsible office administration positions.
- To help students develop accuracy, flexibility, commitment and initiative.
Direct Entry: Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five (5) passes and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes or its Equivalent.
Mature Age Entry: Mature Age Entrance Examinations Certificate awarded to a person aged at least 25 years and has passed with at least 50% marks. For purposes of admission, the Mature Age Entrance Certificate shall be valid for no more than two years. The mature age entry examinations centre must have been authorized by NCHE.
Certificate Entry: A certificate in any related field of study or its equivalent from a recognized institution,
The National Council shall determine qualifications equivalent to Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) as for Higher Education in consultation with the Uganda National Examinations Board.