Kagaid Institute of Science and Technology designed a 3 months course in Hardware repair and maintenance to help students combine their technical and mechanical aspirations by teaching them the skills that can help them take the next step towards working in in their own businesses or for a company in the computer repair field.
Course period: 3 Months
Tuition Fee: UGX 300,000
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- List technology careers and recognize the interpersonal and business skills necessary to succeed as a PC technician
- Identify the tools and test equipment associated with PC repair and maintenance activity, know how hardware and software work together in the operation of a PC, and outline the process for assembling a personal computer
- Identify different types of removable media devices, name the physical components of a hard drive and know the function of each, as well as know-how to maintain disks and systems
- Identify electrical terms and symbols, and describe how to recognize a failed power supply and how to replace it, as well as describe a multimeter and its functions
- Identify various operating systems along with their characteristics, features, discuss the processes required to install hardware and software using Windows 10, 8.1, and 7.
- Identify different types of system boards, list the physical components of memory, and describe how memory is accessed
- Describe how to solve basic computer problems, define the differences between a virus, worm, and a Trojan horse, and identify the types of threats against a computer system
- Describe how PCs communicate with each other, identify the typical input/output devices encountered in a computer system, and describe the process of configuring routers, switches, as well as static and dynamic routing schemes
Busy professionals can take evening classes or day classes depending on their schedule. You can apply today by following the link APPLY NOW