In this course, trainees learn basic woodworking techniques like cutting and measuring wood and the use of tools like saws and hammers. Priority focus is on the safe use of power tools, shop set-up, customer relation skills and safety protocol in the world of work.
Course Duration: One year for students who have not completed O’level. 2 years for students who have completed level.
What you will learn
- Use carpentry tools and equipment
- Construct frames, trusses, eaves, and roofs
- Use static machines to manufacture joinery components
- Install and replace windows and doors
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognized certificate by DIT on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path