The Uganda Vocational Qualifications Framework Level 2 Domestic Electrician Certificate produces graduates who are able to handle advanced domestic electrical installations works on electricity voltages ranging between 249V-415V. He/she must be able to perform a full conduit system installation for lighting, sockets, heating appliances circuits as well as earthing. He/she is able to install 2-way lighting systems with more than two circuits. He/she should be able to maintain advanced domestic appliances such as refrigerators and air conditioners. At this level, a person must be able to carry out moderate entrepreneurship tasks related to business records generation and management, marketing as well as communication and supervision of subordinates.
Course Modules: Year One
- Draw Electrical Diagrams
- Carryout Advanced Domestic Electricsl installations
- Maintain Domestic Instrallations (Up to 415V) and electronically controlled Domestic Electrical Appliances.
- Manage Domestic Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Equipment.
- Perform Related Occupational Tasks
- Perform Moderate Entrepreneurship Skills
Course Modules: Year Two
- Install Industrial Electrical Machines
- Maintain Industrial Electrical Machines
- Install Industrial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Equipment
- Maintain Industrial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Equipment
- Introduction to Programmable Logic Controller Systems
- Perform Advanced Entrepreneurship Tasks
Mode of Assessment:
Assessment for both theory and practical is conducted by the Directorate of Industrial Training.
i) Applicant must have completed and passed Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes.
ii) Upgrading from UVQF level I award.