Kagadi Institute of Science and Technology (KISTEC) is a technical institute offering professional courses in vocational, science and Technology. KISTEC has positioned itself to provide students with hands-on skills that enable them to sustain themselves.
The courses offered at KISTEC are in line with the national aspirations of the Uganda stipulated in the Uganda vision 2040 (UGV2040). The institute aims at graduating students who are resilient, innovative, creative, competitive, and business oriented. All students are equipped with ICT skills that enable them to not only excel in performance during their study but also integrate ICT in their own businesses especially in planning, marketing and analyzing the performance of their ventures.
KISTEC is offering 50% bursary to self-motivated students who have passion for vocational education but are financially constrained.
The programme provides educational opportunities to academically meritorious young students from the above 18 years. The beneficiaries will be equipped with knowledge; skills and competences required in particular occupations and on the labour market and enable them to make a meaningful contribution to the development of Uganda.
The bursary covers 50% of tuition fees and accommodation. Successful applicants will pay 50% fees and the institute requirements. The applicant should also be ready to bring 25Kg of posho, and 15Kg of beans.
The prospective candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A Ugandan who is 18 years and above
- Completed Uganda Certificate of Education with a minimum of 5 passes at the same sitting.
- Not in receipt of any other bursary
- Be medically fit and willing to present a medical report from a qualified doctor
Fields of Study
The eligible candidates may apply to study one of the following occupations of study only:
|SN||FIELD OF STUDY||DURATION||SLOTS|
|1||Bricklaying and Concrete Practice||1 Year||10|
Benefits and Facilities
The programme covers the following items:
- 50% tuition fees on any of the courses
- Free accommodation
To help students prepare themselves for their future leading role in the development of their communities and countries, KISTEC also provides them with extra-curricular activities under a special programme called “Mentorship, Guidance and Counseling Programme” to ensure their academic progress and social and psychological integration at the KISTEC as well as with the local community environment
Place of Study
Selected students must be willing to study from Kagadi, Western Uganda and must be ready to live within KISTEC Halls of Resident.
Candidates granted the bursary is expected to:
- Sign the KISTEC Bursary Agreement stating their commitment to their studies and serve their communities and country upon graduation
- Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis and without interruption.
- Not to seek or accept other scholarships or remunerated work during their study under the Programme
- Respect the KISTEC Students’ Code of Conduct, laws of Uganda and maintain good personal and professional conduct consistent with the rules, regulations and objectives of the Programme and the overall mission of KISTEC
- Register to the KISTEC Alumni after graduation to network with other alumnus and keep updating KISTEC about their progress and achievements in their communities.
- Must be ready to pay for assessment fees
- Must be able to pay 50% of fees within the first month of study
- Must be ready to pay other requirements for the institute.
The review and selection process are undertaken by KISTEC Scholarship Committee to assess the applicants’ qualifications and eligibility. Recommendation for final selection is made by the committee and final selection is approved by KISTEC Chairman Board whose decision is final.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can pick application forms from KISTEC Main Campus along Kiraba Road, Namilyango Cell, Kagadi Town Council, and Kagadi District not later than 30th May, 2022 at 5:00Pm. You can also apply online atwww.kistec.ac.ug.